Happy 2013, everyone!
Things are bound to get really hectic for me really soon, and I thought I'd go look for a meme that allows me to prepare posts days/weeks in advance. Also, I've become quite a fan of Top Ten Tuesdays over the past year - I often comment on other people's posts despite of the fact that I don't do my own lists - so here I am, giving this meme a shot!
Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. It features different topics each week, and bloggers are then tasked to list down their top tens on the topic at hand. Today's Top Ten Tuesday spotlights the Top Ten Books I Resolve to Read in 2013:
1. Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare - This is a pretty obvious choice. I'm a huge fan of Cassandra Clare's novels, and I couldn't be more excited for the ending she has in store for her Infernal Devices series. I'm already anticipating a lot of heartache-inducing moments, and maybe even a few deaths...
2. Untitled (Divergent #3) by Veronica Roth - Here's another final book in a series. I was pleasantly surprised at how engrossing I found the previous books in the series, and I can't wait to find out how Roth wraps everything up!
3. The Indigo Spell by Richelle Mead - Whose heart didn't break for Adrian at the end of The Golden Lily? We were privy to some startling discoveries as well from the previous books in the series, and I'm excited to find out what else Mead has in store for Sydney and Adrian!
4. A Tale of Two Centuries by Rachel Harris - My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century is one of my favorite reads of 2012, and I'm absolutely stoked to read this companion novel. Besides, I completely adore Alessandra! (And I'm still hoping for a bit more about Cat and Lorenzo...)
5. The Elite by Kiera Cass - The Selection ended in such a cliffhanger - I simply have to know what happens next! Also, I'd love to find out more about the world Cass created, because it wasn't explored enough in the previous novel. Oh, and I have to admit, I kind of have a soft spot for Maxon as well...
6. Sweet Peril by Wendy Higgins - Wendy pretty much broke my heart when she revealed that there was no way for Kope and Anna to happen, but I truly love Kopano with all my heart, and I will continue hoping against hope that Anna notices him in some way at least. (Besides, Wendy completely awed me with the world she created - I can't wait to read more about it!)
7. Ink by Amanda Sun - A YA book set in Japan. Need I say more? A fellow Pinoy blogger (Hi Louisse!) raved so much about this book that I just HAVE to read it! Oh, and Amanda is an Arashi fan - if that's not enough reason for me to support her, I don't know what is...
8. The Sea of Tranquility by Katja Millay - I've heard so many good things about this novel, and I can't wait to grab myself a copy. For those who don't know, The Sea of Tranquility was originally self-published, but it garnered enough hype for it to be re-released by Simon&Schuster/Atria.
9. Confessions of an Almost Girlfriend by Louise Rozett - Rose is one of those characters that I'll remember forever, and I can't wait to find out how she wades through life in this next installment. Also, I can't wait to read more about her and Jamie!
10. Dare You To by Katie McGarry - Who didn't love Pushing the Limits? McGarry has such an amazing way with words, and she truly captivated me with her first novel. Every scene resonated, and every character was unforgettable. Plus, this novel is a companion to Pushing the Limits!